2 Timothy 4:5

But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant. (2 Timothy 4:5 the message)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Week

I have been here for one week now.

Currently, we are preparing for a team to come from calgary. There is a lot to do to prepare for a team to come. We have been to Managua (about 2 hours away) every day this week. (and will continue to - not just for the team coming though)

Today a few have gone to Managua again... I choose to stay and help at the Limonal Feeding Centre. We made oatmeal. Now you, North American people, this isn't the nice thick kind.. it's watered down to reach the maximum amout of kids. It is made over massive outdoor ovens which are heated with wood.. Each kid gets two scoops... I'd say over a hundred kids were served.

Then we went home for some good chicken.. It makes me sad that more cannot be done for the kids, however, Limonal is only one of 6 or 7 places where hundreds of kids are being fed.. Three times a week EACH! How amazing is that! These kids atleast have something to put in their bellies..

Personally, I am doing fine.. I got a lot of sleep over the last week that I mostly feel rested when I wake up.. However, after a shower you are ready for another sleep because it is so HOT! Hopefully I will loose some serious weight with this heat. (I'm sure I have already!)

Please be praying for the team that is coming from Calgary.. Many of them are not Christians. A couple guys invite their friends to come and serve- very cool idea!

Please pray that I keep healthy.. I haven't been feeling sick at all - PRAISE GOD!! - However, the rain hasn't started yet.

EDIT- I'll post some photos soon! I need to download my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment