2 Timothy 4:5

But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant. (2 Timothy 4:5 the message)

Friday, May 6, 2011

Less than a week

So, I slept in big time yesterday.. It was ohh so wonderful. since sleep has been hard to come by when there has been so much to do.. Sadly, I am now awake and can't sleep!

Crazy thing is... It is under a week now that I get on a jet plane to got to Nicaragua. It is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.

I am excited to return to Nicaragua and serve among them. However, there are many unknowns which makes it nerve-wracking. I am so glad that God knows what this will look like and who I am and how He will work.. I know that He is leading in this... I know that I am doing what I am called to do..

However, it doesn't make life much easier to leave the people back in Canada.. I feel so lucky to have some amazing friends and family... Like Michelle and Alana, who gave up time to help pack my suitcases! Like Amber, who gave me a sweet birthday present for my trip.. Like Carla, for the sweet visit and prayer... As well as many others, who are numerous to name (you know who you are) - you are such a blessing!

This weekend, I am taking a trip to my hometown to visit my immediate family (12 of them!) and say good bye as well as there are a few other things going on.

I return on Monday to work my last shift before my leave of absence (Hi Chris! Miss you already! Cough-stay-out-of-trouble-cough)... Then have one day, mostly packed full of visiting people and last minute things.. Then Wednesday, more last minute things and taking of for Seattle.

My flight is late at night so I arrive in Nicaragua close to noon Thursday, May 12th. (Time difference is one hour from PST)

Praying for God's will in all of this... As I can make plans for the days to come, however, He knows the exact steps!

Trusting in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment