2 Timothy 4:5

But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant. (2 Timothy 4:5 the message)

Monday, June 6, 2011

Indiana

Her name is Indiana... You wouldn't know it now but she was a sexual worker... From my understanding she has 5 children.. Most of whom are also in the business. Through the ministry of El Shaddai, Indiana made the choice to change... Not just for her but for her youngest daughter, Grettel... (spelling may be off!)


One of the first things I did when I arrived was hear about her story.. I did not know it as I thought she was the housekeeper when I arrived. Though there she was at the house to serve the people here and did it ever so joyfully...

One of the first things I was told was that Indiana and Grettel were sleeping in a hammock together because their bed had worn out. I didn't grasp what that meant until later..

I had been told that a lovely lady had donated $100US to buy her and her daughter a bed. So off we went..

Then to her house... Some re-arranging needed to be done...
Yes, this is her house..
With the bed in it... If you look above... there is a hammock.. Those two slept in it for I don't know how long.. I can't imagine...

Indiana and her precious daughter were also blessed by the Calgary team that came as they 'moved' her house and built her a latrine!

This family is a blessing to us here at the house as she saves the day when people are sick and cooks for us! I pray that she will continue to keep strong and grow in her faith and raise her daughter to be a woman of God even in the area they are living.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole please tell Indiana that I have been praying for her, and I'd love you and I to talk about how we can bless her and her friends when we come in August. We shared some thoughts with her when we were there in October, and I'd love to help move things forward. Let's talk soon! Christina

    ReplyDelete